Cancer inspired makeup - Au Naturel with a pop of colour


If you were born between June 21st to July 22nd... then congratulations! In case you lived in a cave, its value-added info to know that you are a Cancerian under the zodiac sign Cancer.

Ruled by the planet moon 🌑 which signifies emotions... (think moon and the tides at sea) 
it also represents motherhood and the quality of being nurturing.

Famously known as the "crybabies" or the "sensitive one" in the zodiac, the Cancerians I know are much more than that. If Leos are ruled by the Sun and are known to be leaders and energy givers, then Cancerians are soulful just like the moon and its tidings. Don't belittle sensitivity and emotions just because mainstream media has been telling us that "positivity is key".
After all an extraverted leader is charming but never endearing nor enduring without some form of introspection.

More about the ruling planet of the moon:
The Moon represents the personal self, the feelings and the unconscious. It is a reflection of the true self, represented by the Sun. The Moon also stands for security and instinctual or habitual patterns, as well as the ability to relate to others, and to be nurturing to others. (...) It is often contrasted with the Sun as the female receptive principle versus the masculine or positive principle. The Moon represents the feminine and nurturing part of oneself. In a male chart, the Moon represents the feminine within, or the anima and also indicates the type of partner you will attract. The Moon also represents an attunement from the past, which operates at an instinctive or habitual level in your present life. (source)
When I think of the Cancerians that I know personally... here are some adjectives that comes to my mind:



Now I know Cancer season is almost over... but technically we still have 2 days. Better late than never to pay homage to this soulful bunch 😉  But I will admit I did desperately want to do a tribute post to Cancerians because I have some very dear Cancerians in my life right now. And this is one of my favourite zodiac signs... besides Aries :-)

But of course, what's a Cancerian-inspired post without real input from Cancerians themselves?

 So for the sake of this and subsequent posts, I sent out a questionnaire to my Cancerian friends to enquire more about their makeup/beauty/lifestyle preferences just for the fun of it!!! TURNS OUT... I got similar answers for makeup and style:

1. They prefer the "No makeup makeup look" 

2. Fashion: Nothing too extravagant. 

And with this... here's my amateur Cancerian inspired makeup look that is so easy to recreate:



I call it the Au Naturel with a Pop of Coral.

Inspired by Samantha's (my uni friend) input on how she adores dewy skin with a bold lip, WHICH she also often recreates in school... I decided to go with a coral shade for my lips, and with a light hand, blend in some warm orangey colours for the lids.

Here's some questions I asked and they answered:



😍😍😍😍


But anyway here's me again your resident Virgo. 🙈

The colour turnout for the lips may defer due to lightings and whatnot, but the shade is about there :-)
For better accuracy, here's the Revlon lip product I used if you wanna check it out at Watsons (APPLY FOR MEMBER ITS SO WORTH IT):



Revlon's ColourBurst Matte Balm in Mischievous Maliceuse. I know I failed to "recreate" the no-makeup makeup look, but I did try to keep it as natural as possible by focusing on the eyes and the lips! It's my own touch on the "no-makeup makeup look" :-)

To note: I excluded eyeliner for this look as it might harshen the soft, feminine, summery picture I had in mind, but I did curl my lashes and don on mascara 🌝  If you prefer to put on eyeliner, go ahead! Just make sure its not one too thick.



So unfortunately after spamming everyone with so many selfies... I don't actually have a mini tutorial for this because its such a challenge to do when you are both the doer and the photographer... I think makeup tutorials would work better with video platforms like YouTube 😳

But all I can say is for this look prepping the skin is more important than ever because a well cleanse, moisturised, hydrated canvas will ensure your makeup application goes on smoothly. AND instead of piling on lots and lots of highlighter for the dewy look, you might wanna just get the Waterglow cushion from Innisfree or any other waterglow cushion OR
sit for a few more hours under the sun to get some natural shine... which works for me (oily skin peeps you know what I'm talking about)

But for now, here's more selfies!




HOPEFULLY I am able to finish up my Cancer style post by this week... please stay tuned!!!

UPDATE: THE CANCERS LOVE THIS LOOK. YAY! 💁

Previous posts: Astrology - Fact or Fiction? |  What most people never told you about makeup  |  Beauty in a Box

Ver 👶

Comments