Beauty in a box


FINALLY had some free time last week to clear out my desk/vanity area, including my makeup box. I have had all of my cosmetics in one box for a couple of years now, but this time I decided to keep it to the bare minimum.

I think like most undergraduates, OR 21-years-and-above-young-adult, our biggest problem is that we struggle to keep up with either the lack of time, or MONEY. 

Often when I am in a hurry and I need to get my basic routine done, I realise it is just more convenient to put everything in 1 BOX

1 AREA

and to use only the essentials. 

Honestly, I don't own a lot of cosmetics and I use the same products for over a year because

1. They are really expensive

2. My current products can still do... 

BUT of course, I am not criticising girls or boys alike who have a collection of such things. Do whatever that makes you happy :-)

FYI, box from Daiso 👯👯👯 


For hygiene purposes, I got my brushes in clear bags, and because of an excessive amount of lip products (A girl can never have too many lip products) I have em in one of those bags too. 


Brushes from bloody CHEAP BRANDS that still do the trick!!! A painter can't paint without a paintbrush 💁

I mean you can but a makeup brush makes all the difference that you need.


Old ass BB Water Glow cushion from Innisfree... I have not changed the packaging for 2 years now? Always bought refills, thats just how I roll.


Thanks for drawing my face 


2 MINI HANDY EYESHADOW PALETTES that have made colourful eyelids possible!!! I LOVE YOU, although you are really old

Signs of aging, old but gold.


The amount of Maybelline products here are purely coincidental. I am not a fan of any particular makeup brand, I think each makeup brand has their own... specialities. But dear Blush Studio, on a scale of 1 - 10, thanks for keeping my blush game score 6


left to right: eyebrow pencil from The Face Shop, The Falsies Push Up Drama mascara from Maybelline, Liquid Eyeliner from ???

Mediocre. But thanks for enlarging my Asian eye 


Disclaimer: I don't use any of the lipstick products here for over a year now. The only 2 lip products I use on a daily basis are my Maybelline Matte lipstick and Nivea lip balm!!! 


Concealers that I have not used since 2016 December... Liquid lipstick from Colourpop (disappointment) and lip product from Revlon 


SKINCARE

Okay so... even for my skincare I really just use four products. I have a couple more that are interchangeable, depending on the weather and the condition of my skin on that day.

But these are the ones that I have been using quite frequently.

Clarifying toner for hotter days / Lotion from Hada Labo / Moisturiser from Etude House / Eye cream (My mum's. I am so budget that I am sharing it with her)


Honestly I bought this in a rush one night... I was frantically looking for a suitable moisturiser for my trip to Japan earlier June, keeping in mind that it should suit the humid weather of Singapore too.

I grabbed this from the shelves and headed straight to the cashier. THANKFULLY, it hasn't cause any breakouts (because if it does this moisturiser is A BIG MISTAKE... since it is suppose to guarantee zero sebum) 

My advice: With Singapore's weather, IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN, with ANY moisturizing cream... it is best to apply just a small amount for each section of your face.

Personally, I would usually apply slightly more at areas where I know can be drier.


Clinique's clarifying toner will do the trick if you have ultra oily skin. Otherwise, I would not recommend it. 

How to know if you have oily skin?

Midway through your day if you look into the mirror and you wonder why you have highlighter on your face... its not. It's le oil shining.

For people who have combination skin even, I feel this product would be a tad too strong for your skin.

As for Hada Labo's lotion, I would give it 7 out of 10? Sometimes we feel up in our makeup game...  and sometimes we wake up and we just wanna be a couch potato. I am usually the latter unless there is a special occasion. HOWEVER,

And this a testimonial by yours truly

Whenever I do put on Hada Labo's lotion... my boyfriend would say my cheeks feel softer :-) 
*Shoutout to boyfie*

Which is not surprising because Hada Labo IS known for making your skin more supple... At least for Asian skin. And I don't know man, I know this is what lotions are suppose to do, but I have just been using Hada Labo for a while now and this is what I think.

Also I know a lot of people wonder 

What is the difference between a lotion and moisturiser?

I used to work at Innisfree as a beauty advisor, and I was taught that you are suppose to apply 
1. lotion 
then 
2. moisturiser.

Off my head: Lotion helps to stabilise and hydrate your skin, and moisturiser moisturises (duh) and helps to seal every other product you have applied on your face.


For people who are ALWAYS IN A RUSH, and are TIGHT ON BUDGET like me, I think putting all your makeup in one box would help save a lot of time and $$.

But if you are fortunate enough to splurge on these luxury items, its fine too :-) 

I think every girl has her own way of organising her beauty and makeup products but its important to ask yourself what SUITS YOU BEST.

I have seen a lot of people who are just getting into makeup and splurging on high end products... which is honestly fine with me. But I would advise this: if you are just starting to put on makeup, you might wanna try the drugstore brands first as they are

1. More affordable

2. Since they are more wallet-friendly, you can afford to take a few risks as makeup is all about trial and error

The wisest thing to do would be to try on drugstore makeup first, then splurge on high end products when you are financially stable and have gotten a hang on this whole draw your face routine. 

Minor life updates:

ALSO(1) I am suppose to have finished my astrology article today but... I've got a few more things to polish. So maybe by the end of this week it will see daylight.




ALSO(2) yesterday was my first English lesson!!!
Extremely happy to have things going... although I foresee a hectic semester ahead. 
AND ONE LAST THING before i go.

If anyone of you has been bought over by the recent Wonderwoman movie, or if you are a Marvel fan like everyone else is.... you might wanna check this out:




SUPERHERO EARRINGS selling at $15/PAIR.

More details to be updated!!!

But if anyone is interested, please holla. Customisations are available too.

Ver 👶

Comments